Kindle (Mobi) Version ePub Version PDF Version
In this Bible Study we will examine that while many of the mainstream Christian Churches espouse that when we die we go either to Heaven or Hell based on our deeds. While the concept of our deeds being judged as the location for where we will go when we are judged basically true, Heaven and Hell are not the only locations that could be our place, scripture and the bible in fact disagree with this doctrinal belief of main stream Christian Churches and that the Truth is that humanity works or eternal life which is the promise given to us by Yahweh God.
Yahweh God first granted Adam and Eve our first parents the Earth. It was given them for eternity.
NJB Genesis 1:27-30
27. God created man in the image of himself, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them.
28. God blessed them, saying to them, "Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. Be masters of the fish of the sea, the birds of heaven and all the living creatures that move on earth."
29. God also said, "Look, to you I give all the seed-bearing plants everywhere on the surface of the earth, and all the trees with seed-bearing fruit; this will be your food.
30. And to all the wild animals, all the birds of heaven and all the living creatures that creep along the ground, I give all the foliage of the plants as their food." And so it was.
Yahweh God, even though Adam and Eve sinned wilfully against His command and they were thrown out of the Garden of Eden for their transgression and they would die, Yahweh God always wanted mankind to live on the earth.
With Christ’s arrival on the Earth however, mankind was given a third option to eternal life on the earth or Hell. This third option was a heavenly existence with Christ and Yahweh God.
We can see that this option was given to us in Matthew with 2 distinct options being given:
NJB Matthew 5:3-12
3. How blessed are the poor in spirit: the kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
4. Blessed are the gentle: they shall have the earth as inheritance.
5. Blessed are those who mourn: they shall be comforted.
6. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for uprightness: they shall have their fill.
7. Blessed are the merciful: they shall have mercy shown them.
8. Blessed are the pure in heart: they shall see God.
9. Blessed are the peacemakers: they shall be recognised as children of God.
10. Blessed are those who are persecuted in the cause of uprightness: the kingdom of Heaven is theirs.
11. `Blessed are you when people abuse you and persecute you and speak all kinds of calumny against you falsely on my account.
12. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven; this is how they persecuted the prophets before you.
As can be seen, these verses indicate that the Bible and Christ himself (as they are from The Beatitudes or Sermon on the Mount given by Christ) has proclaimed that these two options now exist for mankind. Most of the people resurrected will be given an Earthly Existence when they are resurrected; only 144,000 will be granted a Heavenly existence (the topic of the 144,000 will be discussed in another article "The 144,000").
This gaining entry to Hell is easy, ignore the commands of Yahweh God, do not follow his laws and continue to sin. Gaining eternal life will be hard, follow the narrow path, study to show yourself worthy, follow Our Heavenly Father's commandments and come to know God personally, and do not sin, for in coming to know the Truth, your sins have been washed away unless you sin wilfully. Gaining a heavenly existence will be much harder, but many would not want a heavenly existence, they would prefer a life on the New Earth.
God tells us that there will be a New Earth and a New Heaven. With both swept clean of sin and wickedness, how much better will these be? The Bible tells us:
NJB Isaiah 65:17
17. For look, I am going to create new heavens and a new earth, and the past will not be remembered and will come no more to mind.
NJB Isaiah 66:22
22. For as the new heavens and the new earth I am making will endure before me, declares Yahweh, so will your race and your name endure.
2 Peter 3:11-14
11. Since everything is coming to an end like this, what holy and saintly lives you should be living
12. while you wait for the Day of God to come, and try to hasten its coming: on that Day the sky will dissolve in flames and the elements melt in the heat.
13. What we are waiting for, relying on his promises, is the new heavens and new earth, where uprightness will be at home.
14. So then, my dear friends, while you are waiting, do your best to live blameless and unsullied lives so that he will find you at peace.
NJB Revelation 21:1-2
1. Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; the first heaven and the first earth had disappeared now, and there was no longer any sea.
2. I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride dressed for her husband.
So strive always for the Truth, and continually ask God in Christ Jesus' name for his Spirit to be with you, and guide you to eternal life.
PLEASE, now that you have read this article, do not just take our word for it. Get your Bible, look at it and read the Scriptures for yourself, and feel free to get our Book of Bible Articles or look at our articles website for further Bible Studies and Articles.